6/23/12

WOMAN


This time for you only,
I am ready, To turn the earth,
In to a graveyard.

'Cause in your embrace,
I've heard the last whisper,
Of my breath,
'Cause to fall in your love,
I've been crucified,
Birth after birth.

In your sin, Your blood,
Your still to come egg in ovary,
I've already given signature,
Of my manliness.

Every-time I've touched you,
In you I've smelt, felt,
Gloom of history,
Whichever point in your body,
I've listened to, Have heard,
The embrace song,
Of earth and sky.

In your stark blood only,
Have I drawn map of sin,
And have seen how,
From inside that, Extending an arm,
Has picked me up a virtuous sky,
Where there is,
Eternal youth for my poems.

My entire fate, I've offered in worship,
In the pyre fire of your hate,
You only are the extreme point,
Of my proud manliness,
You only are the Horizon's Goddess,
Of all my dreams.

In total submission, In incantations,
I invoke you my Goddess,
You come,
As a drop of blood in gloom,
Merge in mine,
Turning in to, Merged total gloom.

The only remaining thing is,
My last and extreme point,
Submerged union with you,
Do you know it that,
Only in your blood, Lies hidden,
The ultimate freedom, The nirvana,
Of my soul ?

1 comment:

Bast said...

Definition of a poem :"From your brain to your ear, is a single word.
From your heart to your breath, is a line."

Beautiful work, Devi

About Me

My photo
We yearn for some explosive, extraordinary escape from the inescapable and, none forthcoming, we put our faith in an apocalyptic rupture whereby the inevitable is solved by the unbelievable grasshoppers, plagues, composite monsters, angels, blood in industrial quantities, and, in the end, salvation from sin and evil--meaning anxiety, travail, and pain. By defining human suffering in cosmic terms, as part of a cosmic order that contains an issue, catastrophe is dignified, endowed with meaning, and hence made bearable.