9/17/12

SLEEPLESS NIGHTS




I am typing up and retyping my scattering thoughts in the dark tonight, trying to scribble down every word and every syllable on my computer before they fall behind my thoughts

The windows feel too tight, the door too shut and the ceiling spinning, closing in

These sleepless nights, I imagine all the scattered words and fairytales with no endings and whispering beautiful songs I would whisper in your ear
But when I see you, all I could say is  ‘I missed you’  just like anyone else would have said, with a blank expression and emotion, emotion stronger than the whole universe, bubbling inside of me

The window blows open by the late night wind and the blank curtains hover in the room, casting big shadows and reviving the most fearful, childhood nightmares

The wind blew hard and I sat on the steps breathing in the cold air, an atmosphere without you beside me.

They have all left, in crowds and in pairs, but I was still alone, breathing in cold air like a cigarette and ruining my lungs.....




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loneliness helps us to know about ourselves and make ourselves better. But its true that we get too many things in our mind and cant express out anything.. it pains and pains more when we think of someone close to our heart and we miss their presence...makes us understand how important they are to us and it doesn't matter how many people would leave us and move ahead but their presence and absence always effects us. Its worthy to let the people go and wait for the one with whom we want to be & whose presence completes us and gives us peace and happiness.

About Me

My photo
We yearn for some explosive, extraordinary escape from the inescapable and, none forthcoming, we put our faith in an apocalyptic rupture whereby the inevitable is solved by the unbelievable grasshoppers, plagues, composite monsters, angels, blood in industrial quantities, and, in the end, salvation from sin and evil--meaning anxiety, travail, and pain. By defining human suffering in cosmic terms, as part of a cosmic order that contains an issue, catastrophe is dignified, endowed with meaning, and hence made bearable.