3/7/13

I WAS NEVER THAT BEAUTIFUL





The morning mist kissed the
green pasture, as it spoke of autumn dew.
Dripping a coat of frozen foot-prints,
leaking memories of only you.

I decided the sun was use-less that day. A point-less
picture of misplaced energies. It left me stranded.
abandoned, with frost bitten emotions, a hypothermic
ache.

And I remembered he romanced me blind with
a thorn not a rose. Reciting verses of you’s and I’s.
labeled poetry but not a poem. only virtue(al)
reality. A linear brutality of a love spoken upon deaf ears.

A heart home-less, hope-less.
a melancholy space. a trace
of Venus and spun sugar. He
still evolves. Revolving around the sun.

though "we" no longer have "that" gravitation(al) pull.
He told me I never was that beautiful.

So I engraved a picture of a sand-dollar
against the crease of his forehead. Today
I would find the shell whole. A beautiful score
of an oceans floor. Artistry that would last forever.

Then I realized my imagination got the best of me…
Sadly, so did he.
 
 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
We yearn for some explosive, extraordinary escape from the inescapable and, none forthcoming, we put our faith in an apocalyptic rupture whereby the inevitable is solved by the unbelievable grasshoppers, plagues, composite monsters, angels, blood in industrial quantities, and, in the end, salvation from sin and evil--meaning anxiety, travail, and pain. By defining human suffering in cosmic terms, as part of a cosmic order that contains an issue, catastrophe is dignified, endowed with meaning, and hence made bearable.